Wednesday, April 4, 2018

New Beginnings



It's been a while since I wrote... sometimes life takes you to places and relationships that are not conducive to the creative process.  I'm moving forward and  taking NaPoWriMo as an opportunity to resume the writing life.

Sometimes, all it takes is a snippet of a story, a glimpse of birds to start a poem.  I was riding in a car with a couple of sisters and my stepmother, and as usual there were multiple conversations overlapping.  One mentioned how motorcycle groups traveled on cruise ships at the same time that we saw a murder of crows, and I wondered what a 'flock' of motorcycles would be called.  When blogging, I like to show the process, so I've included it here with draft lines that were later removed.


Flow Ride
Single file whines,
bound to a deck, adrift at sea
wait in uneasy stasis.

Throttle of motorcycles,
a mighty sigh, a bump and grind -
drones flee from a hive.



Process:
Single file whine s, temporary assimilation
Bound to a deck, adrift at sea
in silent stasis. Wait in silent stasis, wait in uneasy stasis. --The change to 'uneasy' brought in a reference to 'Easy Rider'

Throttle of motorcycles,
 a mighty sigh, a bump and grind -- words chosen for slant rhyme and rhythm
drones stream flee from a hive.




No comments:

Post a Comment